Appointments can be made by telephone on 01205 311133. The telephone lines open at 8.15am Monday - Friday.
The initial appointment will be a Telephone Consultation with one of the Doctors/Clinicians. If the Doctor/Clinician deems it necessary to see a patient in person, this will be arranged as either a face to face appointment or a Video Consultation.
For appointments or queries please telephone 01205 311133
To order a prescription please telephone 01205 319856 (Open Monday - Friday between 10.00am - 4.00pm) or request medication online.
(Please note, for first time users of this online system, a password must be obtained from reception.)
Our routine appointment time is 5-10 minutes. If you have a number of issues which you wish to discuss with your Doctor, please inform the receptionist when booking your appointment.
The receptionist is not being nosey!
All reception staff at Greyfriars Surgery has had training to enable us to ask certain questions to ensure you receive:
- The most appropriate medical care
- From the most appropriate Health Professional
- At the most appropriate time
Receptionist are required to collect brief information from patients:
- This helps Doctors prioritise house visits and phone calls
- To ensure that all patients receive the appropriate level of care
- To direct patients to see the Nurse or other Health Professional rather than a Doctor where appropriate
Reception staff, like all members of the team, are bound by confidentiality rules
- Any information given is treated as strictly confidential
- The Practice would take any breach of confidentiality very seriously and deal with accordingly
- You can ask to speak to a receptionist in a private area away from reception
- If you feel an issue is very private and do not wish to say the reason then this will be respected.
Thank you for your support