Our website aims to provide improved ease of access to the surgery. This includes:
- booking and cancelling appointments
- ordering prescriptions
- joining our Patient Reference Group
- submitting forms for various requirements such as travel vaccinations and requests for information
As well as providing easy access to the above services, you will also find a vast range of valuable information and resources to manage your health needs.
Improving your access to Greyfriars Surgery
In response to patient feedback from our local and national surveys, we have made changes to the way you access the surgery to improve the waiting times to get through on the surgery telephone line.
Since the 4th January 2016...
1. We have a new prescription line for you to order your medication
If you wish to order a prescription, please call Monday to Friday between 10.00am-4.00pm on:
2. Our main telephone line is open at 8.15am for booking appointments
We politely request that if you are calling us for something other than to book an appointment, that you call us after 10.00am if possible to enable patients wanting to book an appointment that day to get through quickly.
3. Improving our online services
The way you book appointments online is changing. At midnight everyday, appointments are available to book on this website with Doctors and First Contact Practitioners for that same day. Before you can start booking appointments on here, you must firstly sign up. If you wish to start booking appointments and ordering prescriptions online, then come into surgery and speak to a member of the reception team for more information.
The receptionist is not being nosey!
All reception staff at Greyfriars Surgery has had training to enable us to ask certain questions to ensure you receive:
- The most appropriate medical care
- From the most appropriate Health Professional
- At the most appropriate time
Receptionist are required to collect brief information from patients:
- This helps Doctors prioritise house visits and phone calls
- To ensure that all patients receive the appropriate level of care
- To direct patients to see the Nurse or other Health Professional rather than a Doctor where appropriate
Reception staff, like all members of the team, are bound by confidentiality rules
- Any information given is treated as strictly confidential
- The Practice would take any breach of confidentiality very seriously and deal with accordingly
- You can ask to speak to a receptionist in a private area away from reception
- If you feel an issue is very private and do not wish to say the reason then this will be respected.
Thank you for your support