FLU SEASON 2020!!
It is that time of year again! Our flu clinics will once again be running over the autumn/winter period. We are sending out appointments shortly to all people who are eligible to have the vaccine. You are eligible if you:
are aged 65 years and over
have a chest complaint such as asthma or bronchitis
have a lowered immunity due to disease or cancer treatment
Anyone in these risk groups are more likely to develop potentially serious complications of flu, such as pneumonia (a lung infection), so it's recommended that they have a flu vaccine every year to help protect them.
Please can we ask that all patients who are due a flu vaccine this year support their GP Practice, our Clinicians have updates each year and know how to deal with you if you have a reaction and anaphylactic emergency. The Surgery has control of infection audits each year to make sure that our premises are fit for purpose.
If you choose to go elsewhere for your flu vaccine then we may be left with fridges full of vaccines that have already been ordered and paid for; which is a large waste of money not only for us but the NHS as a whole.
If you have received your flu appointment and it is not convenient, or if you have not received an appointment and you think you should have - please contact our reception team on (01205) 311133 - we are happy to help!
In response to patient feedback from our local and national surveys, we have made changes to the way you access the surgery to improve the waiting times to get through on the surgery telephone line.
Since the 4th January 2016...
1. We have a new prescription line for you to order your medication
If you wish to order a prescription, please call Monday to Friday between 10.00am-4.00pm on:
2. Our main telephone line is open at 8.15am for booking appointments
We politely request that if you are calling us for something other than to book an appointment, that you call us after 10.00am if possible to enable patients wanting to book an appointment that day to get through quickly.
3. Improving our online services
The way you book appointments online is changing. At midnight everyday, appointments are available to book on this website with Doctors and First Contact Practitioners for that same day. Before you can start booking appointments on here, you must firstly sign up. If you wish to start booking appointments and ordering prescriptions online, then come into surgery and speak to a member of the reception team for more information.
The receptionist is not being nosey!
All reception staff at Greyfriars Surgery has had training to enable us to ask certain questions to ensure you receive:
- The most appropriate medical care
- From the most appropriate Health Professional
- At the most appropriate time
Receptionist are required to collect brief information from patients:
- This helps Doctors prioritise house visits and phone calls
- To ensure that all patients receive the appropriate level of care
- To direct patients to see the Nurse or other Health Professional rather than a Doctor where appropriate
Reception staff, like all members of the team, are bound by confidentiality rules
- Any information given is treated as strictly confidential
- The Practice would take any breach of confidentiality very seriously and deal with accordingly
- You can ask to speak to a receptionist in a private area away from reception
- If you feel an issue is very private and do not wish to say the reason then this will be respected.
Thank you for your support